Unity Package Types
Creating and Managing Items
Items are things that users can own in their backpack (inventory). They can be rewarded to the user for completing tasks within the experience, or they can be put up for sale in the Space Shop.
To create an item, visit https://www.spatial.io/studio/worlds.
1. Select a World
- Select the world that you would like to associate with your item.
- Items will be shared across spaces in a given world.
2. Create the Item
An item can be created from a Unity Package (created with the Creator Toolkit)
- Click the “New Item” button
- Select an item type. We’ll add support for more item types soon! We currently support two item types.
- Unity Package: Select this to create an item from a Unity Package that you have published. For example, a custom avatar, prefab object, emote, etc.
- Basic Item: An item that is not associated with a Unity Package, and thus does not have any special interactivity. Typical examples might be
Leather. You could use this item to restrict access to certain parts of your space without having to go through the hassle of publishing a Unity Package. In the future, we’ll also introduce a way to trade or “craft” items out of other items, as well as consume them for special effects!
- Then, fill in information about your item, like a name, description, and thumbnail. Don’t worry, you can always change at any time!
3. Publish Item
Publishing an item enables the following:
- Enables rewarding the item to users (i.e. for completing a Quest)
- Enables purchasing the item
Once you’re ready, publish your item to start distributing it!
4. Next Steps: Reward/Sell the Item
You can manage items at any time from Spatial Studio. Visit https://spatial.io/studio to get started!