Unity Package Types
Each world can issue its own currency that is local to that world and all of the spaces within it.
World currency can be awarded to the user as rewards for completing tasks within the experience. When a world has a currency and items for sale, these elements show up in the interface.
- The Shop button, showing the world currency balance.
- The Shop menu, which lists all of the items in your world that are up for sale.
Creating a Currency
To begin, you will need a space that was published from Unity. See
Currencies can be created in Spatial Studio (spatial.io/studio) after selecting a world. Simply click the
Currency tab and create a new currency item. Once a currency is created it is not possible to remove it at this time.
- Create one if it doesn’t exist yet
- Manage your currency
You can then assign a thumbnail, name and description. By default, currency items always have these properties:
- Scope: World
- Stackable: Yes
Rewarding currency is just like rewarding other items. See
For convenience, we provided an
Award World Currency scripting node in Unity that you can use like this:
Once you have created a world currency, new pricing settings become available when editing Items
- Select an item you want to price from the Items tab in Spatial Studio
- Then scroll down to the pricing settings section
- Enable the “Purchasable with World Currency” checkbox and fill in the amount.
Coming SoonYou will be able to price your items for real world values soon, which will enable you to monetize your experiences.