Unity Package Types
In addition to Spatial Coins, you can create a currency specific to your World (and thus all the spaces within the World). This is called a World Currency.
World currency can be awarded to the user as rewards for completing tasks within your experience. When a world has a currency and items for sale, these elements show up in the interface.
- The Shop button, showing the world currency balance.
- The Shop menu, which lists all of the items in your world that are up for sale.
Creating a Currency
To begin, you will need a space that was published from Unity. See
Currencies can be created in Spatial Studio (spatial.io/studio) after selecting a world. Simply click the
Currency tab and create a new currency item. Once a currency is created it is not possible to remove it at this time.
- Create one if it doesn’t exist yet
- Manage your currency
You can then assign a thumbnail, name and description. By default, currency items always have these properties:
- Scope: World
- Stackable: Yes
Rewarding currency is just like rewarding other items. See
For convenience, we provided an
Award World Currency scripting node in Unity that you can use like this:
Once you have created a world currency, new pricing settings become available when editing items! You can list items for purchase via your World Currency. See
- Select an item you want to price from the Items tab in Spatial Studio
- Then scroll down to the pricing settings section
- Enable the “For Sale” checkbox, select your currency from the drop-down and fill in the amount.
- You can also price your items in Spatial Coins, which will enable you to monetize your content and experiences. Find out more: Monetization