1. Install Unity
First, you will need to install Unity. You will need version
2021.3.8f1 exactly to be able to test in your sandbox space.
- Unity Hub
- If you don’t yet have the Unity Hub installed, you will need to install it first. You can do so by following this link.
- Installing Unity Hub
- Copy and paste the following into your browser’s address bar, which will open Unity Hub and will take you through the installation process: unityhub://2021.3.8f1/b30333d56e81,
- Or you can click the “Unity Hub” button for the version mentioned above directly in this page
- Install the “WebGL Build Support” module to be able to test in your sandbox space via your web browser.
2. Download the Starter Template
- Click here to download the starter template.
- Unzip the archive and open the project from Unity Hub.
- Once the project is opened you may see an update dialog. Click yes to update to the latest version of the Spatial Unity SDK.
- Then open the “Environment.unity” scene:
3. Authenticate with Spatial
Now you will need to authenticate with Spatial. Under the main menu bar, select “Spatial SDK/Account”. Follow steps outlined in the window.
4. Test in your Sandbox Space
Now you are ready to test this package directly in Spatial. Click the “Test” button in the main unity toolbar.
When this process is completed, the environment will be loaded directly into your spatial Sandbox.
When you are ready to show your space to the world, select your package in the Spatial editor window (press the gear icon in the toolbar), then press “Publish”.
The publishing process packs up your project’s source assets, then queues a build process to prepare your space for all of our supported platforms. This typically takes less than 30 minutes, but in times of high-demand, it could take a few hours.
When the space is fully processed, you will receive an email notification. Open the app on your preferred platform and you should see your space show up under “Your Spaces” category.
6. Build your own!
You can now bring in your own art assets into the project and replace the contents in the scene. We can’t wait to see what you build 👽