Spatial StudioEconomyAvatarsMajor ReleaseScripting
May 25, 2023
Testing in Your Sandbox
Samples & Examples
Core Concepts & Glossary
Unity Package Types
Spaces & Space Templates
Custom Avatar Animations
Custom Prefab Objects
Quests and Rewards
Sync and Multiplayer
Supported Features and Limitations
Publishing to Spatial
Finding Published Packages
Help and Support
Asset Import Settings
v0.60 - World Currency, Shop, Avatar Attachments, and More
- Introducing WORLD CURRENCY and SHOP (Invite Only)
- Introducing World Currencies! You can now create currencies for your worlds. This can be awarded to users for completing tasks within your experiences, and then used by them to acquire digital items. For example, award "Dance Dollars" for those who dance the most in your space, or "Quest Coins" for those who complete your quests. These can then be redeemed for your own custom avatar, emotes, and more.
- Creators can now create currencies and sell items for space-currency in the Shop. Set up your currency in Spatial Studio.
- Items can now be priced in World Currency. These items show up in the “Shop” menu in your space, or can be purchased in your space directly via an Interactable + some visual scripting.
- Note 1: Creating world currency and make items purchasable is available to creators on an invite-only basis. This feature will be rolled out slowly over time, and via an application process.
- Interested in integrating World Currency and the Shop into your experience? Apply to access these features
- Note 2: World Currency does not have any equivalent fiat value today, and is not a Web3 token/NFT.
- Introducing AVATAR ATTACHMENTS (Beta)
- Attachments are things that can attach to avatars. The system is designed in a way that is flexible enough to support many different types of assets. Everything from proper hoverboards that track with your legs, auras that decorate your avatar, pets that can follow you around, to items you can hold in your hands. Currently only available in World scope.
- Samples for Attachments are coming soon!
- New Component - CLIMBABLE
- You can now make vertical surfaces or objects climbable, giving explorers new ways to traverse your experiences! Who's up for a good ol' fashioned game of chutes and ladders?!
Visual Scripting Updates
- Added support for uint, short, ushort, long, ulong, double types
- Added support for x.Parse() and x.TryParse() nodes for all supported types
New VS Nodes:
- On Avatar Attachment Equip Changed: Triggered when the local user equips or un-equips an Avatar Attachment
- Local Actor: Trigger Jump: Triggers jump on the local user’s Avatar
- Local Actor: Reset Avatar: Resets the local users avatar to the avatar within their profile. Also removes any equipped Avatar Attachments
- Set Shop Menu Open: Sets the shop menu UI open or closed
- Set Shop Item Enabled: Enables or disables a specific Item from the Shop
- Set Shop Item Visibility: Shows or hides a specific Item from the Shop
- Purchase Shop Item: Triggers a purchase for an item directly from scripting
- On Shop Menu Open Changed: Triggers when the shop menu is opened or closed (Either by script or by user)
- Get World Currency Balance: Returns the world-currency balance for the local user
- Award World Currency: Awards the user with world-currency
- On World Currency Balance Changed: Triggers when the world-currency balance changes for the local user
Fixes & Improvements
- Custom avatars can now also provide override animation clips for “Double Jump” and “Jump Land High”
- Reflection Probes now use “Box Projection” for increased accuracy
- Fixed: ProBuilder meshes now also work for published packages, not just in sandbox