Unity Package Types
Using an Existing Unity Project
Already have a Unity project? No problem! Follow these steps to convert your project to work with Spatial.
1. Download the Starter Template
Click here to download it. This project is already ready to go, and comes fully configured. Bringing your assets into this project is the easiest way to ensure your package will work correctly in Spatial.
2. Export your project as a Unity package
Open your project, and select all the assets under “Assets” in your Project panel. Once selected, click the “Export package…” under the “Assets” menu item in the main toolbar. Save this somewhere on your drive.
3. Close your project and open the Starter Template
4. Import your Unity package into the Starter Template
With the starter template project opened, select “Assets/Import Package/Custom Package” and select the file you saved earlier.
5. Setup your environment scene as a Spatial environment.
- Open the Spatial Configuration panel using the ⚙️ icon in the top right toolbar.
- Drag your unity scene into the Environment Variant slot.
You can keep the Starter Template asset in your project as reference, or you may delete all of it (except for the contents of the